Forest Green Project ~ INFO
Forest Green Estates-Project Details
Existing Land Area
- Property Size: 81.1 acres
- Number of Trees on site: 1920
- Creeks: One watercourse, La Colina Creek, bisects the site; several
channels are tributary. The developer maintains that the main watercourse will
remain in its current state. The future status of the tributaries is much more
- Wildlife: Scrub jay, steller's jay, turkey vulture, wild turkey, red-tailed
hawk, black-capped chickadee, bushtit, button's vireo, tufted
titmouse, hummingbird, and woodpecker.
- Steepness: The site topography rises in a southerly direction, away
from the existing residential neighborhood at approximately 180 feet
above sea level toward the Regional Park at 430 feet. The landform
is variable, mostly gently sloping (flatter than 4:1) in the central part
of the site. Localized areas adjacent to the gullies and shallow
canyons are steeper than 15:1.
- Existing General Plan designation: Very Low Density Residential
(0-5 DU/acre), and Preservation Resource Area (above 400'
- Existing zoning designation: SFR-2, Single Family Very Low
Residential District (minimum lot size 6,000 sq. ft.), CRR,
Community and Regional Recreation District (above 400' elevation)